If you are like me, that loves nature but don’t want to go deep into it, you need to visit Portland, OR. This city is the perfect blend of city and nature. We visited this city at the end of March, and although I was hoping for warmer weather, the week we arrived a cold front was just coming in, so we got to experience that gloomy, chilly, rainy weather they are known for. Even with the cold front Portland did not disappoint us. We stayed at a hotel in the Pearl District in downtown, and everything was pretty accessible with the exception of Cannon Beach, which was about an hour and a half drive up the mountains into the coast. But it was one of the most beautiful road trips we have ever had.
Places to visit
· Portland Japanese Garden
· Hoyt Arboretum
· Water falls- There are many waterfalls to explore close to Portland. If visiting the city, go on a waterfall hunt to find the most beautiful waterfalls. We visited the Multnomah Falls, and our way back to the city visited the Bridal Veil Falls.
· Cannon Beach
· Ecola State Park
· Saturday Market
· Go By Tram
· Powell’s Books- This a hug bookstore and coffee shop located in Downtown Portland and it is almost the size of the entire block. It is insanely big!
· Portland Waterfront Cherry Blossoms
· Pittock Mansion- This Mansion is located on a nearby mountain with the most beautiful view of Portland. It is full of history and it is definitely a most if visiting Portland.
· Hello From Portland- Perfect littlest souvenir shop.
· North of West- Beautiful women and kids' boutique in downtown Portland.
· Good Coffee
· Stumptown Coffee
· Barista Coffee
· Commissary- They make the best sandwiches in town!
· Heart Coffee
· Afuri (Ramen)
· Por Qué No?- They serve non-traditional Mexican food, and it is so good!
· Eat Pizza- A tiny pizza place that feels like you are in the middle of the street because of its unique location.
· Blue Star Donuts- We were told to visit Voodoo Donuts, but the line was so long every time we drove by, we decided to give Blue Star Donuts a try and it did not disappoint. They donuts have the perfect sweetness, not too sweet not too bland.
· Salt and Straw Ice Cream
Have you been to Portland, OR? If you have, what are your favorite spots to go to? Let me know in the comments
Thank for reading!